Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to enter excel dates for last year?

Hi gang,

Its tax time and I'm trying to enter my expenses ito EXCEL for last year
(don't even remind me I should do this as the year progresses).

Anyway, for speed of entry I would like to enter just mm/dd. Excel will
complete the year for me as 2010.

I could change the system date, but this has bad reprocussions, especaill
when multi-tasking.

I could create a column which subtracts 365 from my entry column and then
paste values from my "dummy" column into my entry column.

BUT, does anyone have a better suggestion to force dates entered on a
specific book, sheet, or even colum to s different default year than the
system date year?