-   -   Excel open NOT in compatability mode (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/260554-excel-open-not-compatability-mode.html)

yoshimarine

Excel open NOT in compatability mode

When I go to open a new Excel application I want it to be in the xlsx file
format. However, everytime I open Excel it is in the 97-2003 file format. I
go to the Excel options and change it to the xlsx format close Excel, but
when I reopen a NEW Excel application it's in the 97-2003 format. This
option that I changed was how to it saves not how it opens, that is what I am
trying to find out. Is there a way to default Excel 2007 to open in the 2007
file format, because it always wants to open in the compatability format?

Thank You