-   -   Excel Research Task Pane (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/26038-excel-research-task-pane.html)

Lane

Excel Research Task Pane

Excel 2003: When selecting more than one cell with CTRL+ALT+mouse click, the
program automatically opens the research task pane, which is most irritating.
How does one disable this wonderful new feature?

Hi
I use Excel 2000, and Ctrl+mouse click works for me, without the ALT.

--
Andy.

"Lane" wrote in message
Excel 2003: When selecting more than one cell with CTRL+ALT+mouse click,
the
program automatically opens the research task pane, which is most
irritating.
How does one disable this wonderful new feature?

Gord Dibben

Lane

CTRL + click to select cells.

ALT + click to open the Task Pane.