-   -   calculation msg box (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/260320-calculation-msg-box.html)

Ian82

calculation msg box

Hi All

I need a macro to pop up a msg box to indicate that the sheet is calculating
and how far along it is, any ideas?

Thanks

Dave Peterson

calculation msg box

You can't really do this in excel. You can't get into the calculation internal
workkings.

But if you're doing it in code, you could show a msgbox:

msgbox "about to calculate"
application.calculate
msgbox "Done calculating"

But I think that this just delays the calc--since the msgbox has to be dismissed
before the calculation starts.

You could use a non-modal userform (xl2k or higher) or even the statusbar:

with application
.statusbar = "Calculating"
.calculate
.statusbar = false