-   -   DropDown aand Auto Fill (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/260216-re-dropdown-aand-auto-fill.html)

Pritesh[_2_]

DropDown aand Auto Fill

If you have your three (or any other) values, above or below, in same column
"continued without line-gap", then this works the way you are asking.

If its Excel 2007, then;
Click on round "Office Button" at left-top
Click on "Excel Options" at right-bottom
Click "Advanced" at left
Find & tick for "Enable AutoComplete for cell values"

If you found my answer suitable for you, please click "Yes" for my post.

Regards,
Pritesh

"Maanu" wrote:

Hi,

I have column with DropDown List.. The items are

a. Documentation
b. Logic
c. Optimization

Is there a option to automatically fill a cell, if I type the first letter
of an item?

Also when I type alt+ down arrow the list appears. I would like to fill the
cell when the first letter of an item is typed.

Is that possible?

Thanks!