-   -   Dragging/Copying Formulas in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/259896-dragging-copying-formulas-excel-2007-a.html)

DebPgh

Dragging/Copying Formulas in Excel 2007

I'm trying to copy a formula in Excel 2007. When I drag the formula down the
column, the calculation from the first cell is copied, even though the proper
formula shows in each cell.

In Oct 2005, JMB answered this question and said to set caluculation to
automatic versus manual by doing Tools/Options/Calcuation - Automatic. But
how do you do this in Excel 2007 where there is no Tools tab???!!

(I HATE OFFICE 2007!)

Eduardo

Dragging/Copying Formulas in Excel 2007

Hi,
Go to the microsoft icon at the top left,then Excel options at the right
bottom, formulas 2nd option, there you have calculation in first place

"DebPgh" wrote:

I'm trying to copy a formula in Excel 2007. When I drag the formula down the
column, the calculation from the first cell is copied, even though the proper
formula shows in each cell.

In Oct 2005, JMB answered this question and said to set caluculation to
automatic versus manual by doing Tools/Options/Calcuation - Automatic. But
how do you do this in Excel 2007 where there is no Tools tab???!!

(I HATE OFFICE 2007!)

Mike H

Dragging/Copying Formulas in Excel 2007

Hi,

Yet another person praising e2007!!

Formula Tab|Calculation group|Calculation options and select automatic

If that doesn't work ensure your cells are formatted as general before
entering the formula
--
Mike

question.

"DebPgh" wrote:

I'm trying to copy a formula in Excel 2007. When I drag the formula down the
column, the calculation from the first cell is copied, even though the proper
formula shows in each cell.

In Oct 2005, JMB answered this question and said to set caluculation to
automatic versus manual by doing Tools/Options/Calcuation - Automatic. But
how do you do this in Excel 2007 where there is no Tools tab???!!

(I HATE OFFICE 2007!)

Gord Dibben

Dragging/Copying Formulas in Excel 2007

Don't bother to hate it.............learn to use it.

A simple search in help on calculation will point you to how to change
calculation mode.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP