-   -   How do I change the color of cells with a macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/259764-how-do-i-change-color-cells-macro.html)

Mike DFR

How do I change the color of cells with a macro

I was using conditional formatting, but this only gives three options, I need 5
I am looking for a simple piece of code which says

If cell A1 is not zero color the row green, for example.

I have tried With range, If Else and Case

I get the first color, then it will not change

Don Guillett[_2_]

How do I change the color of cells with a macro

You don't give us much

select case range("a1").value
case<0:mc=6
case2:mc=3
case else
end select
rows(1).interior.colorindex=mc

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"Mike DFR" wrote in message
I was using conditional formatting, but this only gives three options, I
need 5
I am looking for a simple piece of code which says

If cell A1 is not zero color the row green, for example.

I have tried With range, If Else and Case

I get the first color, then it will not change

stumac

How do I change the color of cells with a macro

Hi Mike, you could try something like:

cv = Range("a1").Value
IC = Switch(cv 10, vbRed, cv 8, vbBlue, cv 6, vbYellow, cv 0, vbGreen)
Rows(1).Interior.Color = IC

Hth
Stu

"Mike DFR" wrote:

I was using conditional formatting, but this only gives three options, I need 5
I am looking for a simple piece of code which says

If cell A1 is not zero color the row green, for example.

I have tried With range, If Else and Case

I get the first color, then it will not change

stumac

How do I change the color of cells with a macro

Oops forgot to change the values to reflect your example - I am sure you will
get the idea though.