-   -   The merge center icon remains gray and does not work. (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/25972-merge-center-icon-remains-gray-does-not-work.html)

mrspeaker

The merge center icon remains gray and does not work.

I have Excel 2003. The Icon for Merge and Center does not work. It remains
gray. Any ideas on how to get it to work? I tried to add the icon on again
by customizing the formatinmg toolbar, but that icon did the same thing,
nothing.

Alan

Is the sheet protected? If not you may well have a corrupt file. You can
save the day by copying and pasting to a new workbook, tedious but better
than losing your work.
Regards,
Alan