-   -   Offset in Conditional Formatting? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/259463-offset-conditional-formatting.html)

sly411

Offset in Conditional Formatting?

I have the following formula to check for a condition:

=IF(CB3="Reg",MOD(CA3-BZ3,1)TIME(0,$AG$39,0),IF(CB4="Reg",MOD(CA4-BZ4,1)TIME(0,$AG$39,0),IF(CB5="Reg",MOD(CA5-BZ5,1)TIME(0,$AG$39,0))))

Essentialy what it does is check if a value (Reg) is present in one of 3
sequential rows and if so calculates if the time difference between two
related values in the same row are greater than a predetermined number. If
TRUE then the cell is formatted. The formula works fine for a single cell
but when I use the Applies To field in CF and highlight the column I want to
apply it to, it increments the rows one at a time instead of jumping in
groups of 3 i.e. I want it to go to rows 6,7 and 8 next. Can I somehow use
Offset in the CF Applies To field, or is there another solution? Thanks

Homey

Offset in Conditional Formatting?

copy formula to 3 cells down then cut/paste back up 2.

"sly411" wrote in message
|I have the following formula to check for a condition:

=IF(CB3="Reg",MOD(CA3-BZ3,1)TIME(0,$AG$39,0),IF(CB4="Reg",MOD(CA4-BZ4,1)TIME(0,$AG$39,0),IF(CB5="Reg",MOD(CA5-BZ5,1)TIME(0,$AG$39,0))))

| Essentialy what it does is check if a value (Reg) is present in one of 3
| sequential rows and if so calculates if the time difference between two
| related values in the same row are greater than a predetermined number. If
| TRUE then the cell is formatted. The formula works fine for a single cell
| but when I use the Applies To field in CF and highlight the column I want
| apply it to, it increments the rows one at a time instead of jumping in
| groups of 3 i.e. I want it to go to rows 6,7 and 8 next. Can I somehow
use
| Offset in the CF Applies To field, or is there another solution? Thanks

sly411

Offset in Conditional Formatting?

The problem is not in copying cells in the spreadsheet. The problem is when
I put this formula into the Applies To field in Conditional Formatting. When
I highlight the cells that I want to apply the formatting to (they are
sequential rows in a column) the reference cells in the formula jump 1 at a
time and I need them to jumb 3 at a time.

.