-   -   Find & Extract (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/259444-find-extract.html)

Meeru

Find & Extract

hi,
I have data in Col A and i would like to get the data in Col B only if the
value in Col A is greater than 3 and less than 5 .

A B
1 2
2 3
3 4
4
5
6

I am looking for a formula. Any ideas on this please.
best regards,
Meeru

Mike H

Find & Extract

try this

=IF(AND(A13,A1<5),A1,"")

--
Mike

question.

"Meeru" wrote:

hi,
I have data in Col A and i would like to get the data in Col B only if the
value in Col A is greater than 3 and less than 5 .

A B
1 2
2 3
3 4
4
5
6

I am looking for a formula. Any ideas on this please.
best regards,
Meeru

מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

Find & Extract

Why did you type 2,3,4 while the one and only answer, to the presented data,
is: 4 ?
Micky

"Meeru" wrote:

hi,
I have data in Col A and i would like to get the data in Col B only if the
value in Col A is greater than 3 and less than 5 .

A B
1 2
2 3
3 4
4
5
6

I am looking for a formula. Any ideas on this please.
best regards,
Meeru

my-oh-my

Find & Extract

I have data in Col A and i would like to get the data in Col B only if the
value in Col A is greater than 3 and less than 5 .

Here's one way, assuming the data starts in row 2. It uses column C as
a helper column.

In C2, put
=IF(AND(A23,A2<5),MAX(C$1:C1)+1,"")

In B2, put
=IF(ROW()-1MAX(C:C),"",
OFFSET($A$1,MATCH(ROW()-1,C:C,0)-1,0))

Select B2:C2 and copy down as far as column A can reach.

Row 1 and column C can be hidden, if desired.

Modify to suit.