-   -   Slow Cut, Copy and Paste in Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/259411-slow-cut-copy-paste-excel-2007-a.html)

JJuice

Slow Cut, Copy and Paste in Excel 2007

Hi,
I recently purchased a new HP Pav laptop running Win 7 64 bit and Office
2007. When I open a new, blank excel sheet and attempt to cut or copy even a
single blank cell, the machine hangs for 10-20 seconds like it is processing
the request. If I click on the sheet during this time, excel goes grey and
becomes unresponsive. Given the large amount of time I spend on excel, this
issue is unacceptable and a huge burden on productivity.

An interesting tidbit: A few days ago I updated my video drivers and the
problem went away. Unfortunately, it is now back. It appears that driver
updates rectify the situation on a temporary basis, but later system changes
or updates cause the issue to reappear. Very frustrating to say the least.

Uninstalling/reinstalling office/excel/norton 360 does not work. I've seen
this issue pop up on other forums but no solutions were provided. Are there
any known permanent fixes to this problem?

Thanks!