-   -   I need to open a file in excel located on another computer (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/259245-i-need-open-file-excel-located-another-computer.html)

P.Grieshop[_2_]

I need to open a file in excel located on another computer

I am looking for a way to open and retreive information from a file located
on another computer on the network. I know the user name and password to the
computer, but can not seem to be able to retreive the information.

Example:
When I open excel on server with user name bob and password zebra I want to
be able to pull the information from user Sarah with password blue. The
information is only stored on "Sarah"'s computer; Therefore I need to be able
to access it there or at least copy it from that computer to "bob"'s.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide