-   -   Help Sorting Data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/259164-help-sorting-data.html)

dh1069

Help Sorting Data

I have the following columns of information and need to setup a formula that
will give me the total by location, by dept, then by g/l account.

DEPT G/L Account Bakersfield
Fleet 42101 $10.00
Fleet 42101 $125.00
S & D 42101 $35.00
MEM 42199 $10.00
Fleet 23099 $1,000.00

I will then point to the cell containing the final cost number.

Example: Bakersfield, Department Fleet, G/L Account 42101
$1,145

Fred Smith[_4_]

Help Sorting Data

Look at the Subtotal function, or a Pivot Table.

Regards,
Fred

"dh1069" wrote in message
I have the following columns of information and need to setup a formula
that
will give me the total by location, by dept, then by g/l account.

DEPT G/L Account Bakersfield
Fleet 42101 $10.00
Fleet 42101 $125.00
S & D 42101 $35.00
MEM 42199 $10.00
Fleet 23099 $1,000.00

I will then point to the cell containing the final cost number.

Example: Bakersfield, Department Fleet, G/L Account 42101
$1,145

dh1069

Help Sorting Data

Hi Fred,

Subtotal doesn't accomplish what I need and I am not too familiar with Pivot
table, can you give me a little more detail?

Thanks,
David

.