-   -   Formating tenths and hundreds to show as whole numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/258948-formating-tenths-hundreds-show-whole-numbers.html)

Nelson B.

Formating tenths and hundreds to show as whole numbers

I have a need to show the difference between percents as a change in points.

For example, if a metric changes from 90% to 94% (+.04), I would like to
display the .04 as +4pts. Is there a way to do this via formating?

David Biddulph[_2_]

Formating tenths and hundreds to show as whole numbers

No.
--
David Biddulph

"Nelson B." wrote in message
I have a need to show the difference between percents as a change in
points.

For example, if a metric changes from 90% to 94% (+.04), I would like to
display the .04 as +4pts. Is there a way to do this via formating?

Gord Dibben

Formating tenths and hundreds to show as whole numbers

A1 = 94%

A2 = 90%

A3 = (A1-A2)*100

A3 Custom format of "+"0"pts"

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 12:01:01 -0700, Nelson B.
wrote:

I have a need to show the difference between percents as a change in points.

For example, if a metric changes from 90% to 94% (+.04), I would like to
display the .04 as +4pts. Is there a way to do this via formating?

Gary Brown[_5_]

Formating tenths and hundreds to show as whole numbers

You can use this custom format...
+#,##0.00 "pts"_);-#,##0.00 "pts")
but you're going to have to multiply the answer by 100 first.

--
Hope this helps.
If it does, please click the Yes button.