-   -   Windows 7 moving desktop icons (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/258791-windows-7-moving-desktop-icons.html)

dlw

Windows 7 moving desktop icons

there's a lot of chatter about this one, what do you guys think:

Excel file (does it with word too) on the desktop, you open it, save it, it
moves over to the left side of the screen, like an auto-align, which is not
set. Why does it do that? It's the saving that triggers it. If you open
and close without saving, it does not move.

dsl

Windows 7 moving desktop icons

Yes, my Windows 7 64-bit desktop behaves just like you said. All articles I
can find in Google say to uncheck "Auto Arrange", but that's not the
solution. It's not checked, yet each time the file is updated, it moves to
the upper-left spot like other new desktop icons do. Why can't Microsoft fix
this? It didn't do this in XP. It has been doing this since Vista, it
appears. I can't find an answer anywhere!