-   -   Paste Special (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/25863-paste-special.html)

Doug

Paste Special

I have cells that have colored fonts and colored background. If I copy them
and do a paste special, leaving the paste choice as 'All' the colored fonts
paste as black, but the colored background stays correct. Any ideas.
Discovered this trying to paste a spreadsheet into PowerPoint. I get the
same results pasting into Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

Duke Carey

Are you trying to use a modified color from the Excel color palette? In
other words, did you go into ToolsOptionsColor & modifiy one of the colors
found there, then use that color as your font color? That's the only way I
can duplicate your issue.

"Doug" wrote:

I have cells that have colored fonts and colored background. If I copy them
and do a paste special, leaving the paste choice as 'All' the colored fonts
paste as black, but the colored background stays correct. Any ideas.
Discovered this trying to paste a spreadsheet into PowerPoint. I get the
same results pasting into Word, Excel and PowerPoint.

Nan

I experience the same problem, and I do not use modified colors for the text,
only the standard colors available on the palette. When I paste special as a
picture, the table text pastes in black, but the background shading pastes in
color. Strangely enough, it has worked on and off in the past, but most of
the time it pastes in black font, as Doug described. Is it possibly an issue
related to the version of Excel that I use?