-   -   importing a scanned image (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/25861-importing-scanned-image.html)

Julie

importing a scanned image

I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is
it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard
copies come in various formats.

Peo Sjoblom

Yes it is possible if you have a good OCR reader that can transfer the
scanned image to text

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Julie" wrote:

I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is
it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard
copies come in various formats.

brdtim

importing a scanned image

This is something I have been trying to do, also. I can get the scanned data
converted through the OCR software into EXCEL, but it is then necessary to
cut and paste each item of each name, address and phone # to one line to
create a database record with info divided into fields. This takes more time
than just typing the original info into a contact record. Is there a way to
direct each line of the original record to a specific cell in EXCEL
automatically, and if so, HOW?

"Julie" wrote:

I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is
it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard
copies come in various formats.

Gord Dibben

importing a scanned image

I would try scanning to a *.txt file then open the *.txt file in Excel and use
the Text Import Wizard

Or maybe you can just DataText to Columns on the already imported data?

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Julie" wrote:

I am creating a mailing list in Excel by typing in the data. To save time, is
it possible to scan my hard-copy and import the data into Excel? The hard
copies come in various formats.

Lisa

importing a scanned image

--
the prize you paid for the life you choose, the prize will be paid for your
succes.