-   -   Opening Excel spreadsheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/258223-opening-excel-spreadsheet.html)

OrcaFire

Opening Excel spreadsheet

1. I am using Excel 2007. I save it in 2003 format. When I open it up again I
get Excel but can't see the workbook until I minimize the window at which
time it comes up into view automatically. Does anyone know why this is
occurring?

2. In what I beleive is an extension of 1. above I have linked the
spreadsheet to a Word 2007 document. When I open the Word document the Excel
file seems to automatically open with it but when I switch to the Excel file
from the Word file I am unable to make the worksheets visible although the
Excel window is there.