-   -   Split cell content (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/258130-split-cell-content.html)

PK

Split cell content

I have a large spreadsheet which contains a list of equipment, the equipment
format is K-XX-ABCD-12, I want to remove the prefix K- from the cell, the
issue I have is within the 2nd part of the equipment ID there are some that
have XK-, so I can't just do a find & replace K-

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Gary''s Student

Split cell content

If the part id ALWAYS starts with K-, then:

=MID(A1,3,256) will remove the first two characters.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"PK" wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet which contains a list of equipment, the equipment
format is K-XX-ABCD-12, I want to remove the prefix K- from the cell, the
issue I have is within the 2nd part of the equipment ID there are some that
have XK-, so I can't just do a find & replace K-

Has anyone got any suggestions?

מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

Split cell content

To avoid the use of VBA Macro - try this:
Assuming the P/N is in Column "A" from cell A1,
in B1 type: =REPLACE(A1,1,2,"") and copy down.
Micky

"PK" wrote:

I have a large spreadsheet which contains a list of equipment, the equipment
format is K-XX-ABCD-12, I want to remove the prefix K- from the cell, the
issue I have is within the 2nd part of the equipment ID there are some that
have XK-, so I can't just do a find & replace K-

Has anyone got any suggestions?

מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

Split cell content

....and if the P/N format is the same along the range - you may try this:
=RIGHT(A1,10)
Micky