-   -   Conditional Formatting by formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/258041-conditional-formatting-formula.html)

fruitchunk

Conditional Formatting by formula

I want a special format when the cell in column E is MOD,10.375 and the cell
in column F is MOD,10.006944

I know how to write it in a regular formula, but I don't know how to create
a rule description. How would enter
=IF(MOD(E1,1)0.375,IF(MOD(F1,1)0.006944,ALERT,)) in "use a formula to
determine which cells to format"

Pete_UK

Conditional Formatting by formula

First you select the cell(s) that you want the CF to apply to, with
the active cell in row 1, then you can use the formula:

=AND(MOD(E1,1)0.375,MOD(F1,1)0.006944)

and then click on the format button and choose the effect that you
want (eg background colour, foreground colour etc). Excel will
automatically adjust the cell references for selected cells on other
rows.

Hope this helps.

Pete