-   -   Strange cell addresses (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/258030-strange-cell-addresses.html)

Robin Graham

Strange cell addresses

I copied and pasted a profit and loss account from Word to Excel. I now
find that some of the cells have addresses such as DBG80. This address
is found in B15. But it is only apparent when I perform some action such
as =, then click in the cell to put its address in the bar to start
setting up a calculation. Although I end up with the correct answer,
what's going on?

Rob Graham

Gary''s Student

Strange cell addresses

--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001
If you are using 2007, the cell address is legal. If you are not using

"Robin Graham" wrote:

I copied and pasted a profit and loss account from Word to Excel. I now
find that some of the cells have addresses such as DBG80. This address
is found in B15. But it is only apparent when I perform some action such
as =, then click in the cell to put its address in the bar to start
setting up a calculation. Although I end up with the correct answer,
what's going on?

Rob Graham
.

Niek Otten

Strange cell addresses

Is DBG80 perhaps a definde name?

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

On 04/03/2010 19:52, Robin Graham wrote:
I copied and pasted a profit and loss account from Word to Excel. I now
find that some of the cells have addresses such as DBG80. This address
is found in B15. But it is only apparent when I perform some action such
as =, then click in the cell to put its address in the bar to start
setting up a calculation. Although I end up with the correct answer,
what's going on?

Rob Graham

Right. Thanks. Why would this occur on a paste from Word? BTW I'm using
Office 2000.