-   -   Custom format Numbers (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/257994-custom-format-numbers.html)

jchick0909

Custom format Numbers

hello,

I am using the following custom format for thousands, but I also need to
show a dash ie "-" if the value is a zero, thanks for your help!!

#,###,

Niek Otten

Custom format Numbers

Use something like

#,###,;-#,###,;"-"

Anyway, the 3rd entry (entries separated by semicolons) defines the
appearance of a zero value

1. positive number
2. negative number
3. zero
4. text

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"jchick0909" wrote in message
hello,

I am using the following custom format for thousands, but I also need to
show a dash ie "-" if the value is a zero, thanks for your help!!

#,###,

Fred Smith[_4_]

Custom format Numbers

What do you want when the cell is negative? The format of a custom format
is:
positive;negative;zero;text

So you want something like:

Regards,