-   -   skipping rows for running average calculation (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/257887-skipping-rows-running-average-calculation.html)

ChrisC

skipping rows for running average calculation

Hello,

I am trying to create a formula that will return the HOURLY moving average
for 5 days (or some other number of days) from a column of data that captures
every hour. So, each day has 24 data entries, one for each hour, and i need
the moving average for each hour. I anticipate that after five days at the
beginning of the data, I will have a moving average for each corresponding
hourly data entry.

Thank you. Chris