-   -   Data validation only works once (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/257791-data-validation-only-works-once.html)

Dale G[_2_]

Data validation only works once

Hi, I created a data validation drop down from a list & when I select a name
in the drop down it will place the selected name in the cell just as it
should.
When I move to or select a different cell on the same worksheet & go back to
the drop down the drop down is no longer there. ??

Has anyone heard of this happening?

Dale G[_2_]

Data validation only works once

Nevermind, I had the dropdown between 2 pivot tables so I can select a name
and have both PTs show the data according to my selection.

I moved the dropdown one line above the 2 PTs and now it works fine.