-   -   want to change phone format ***-***-**** to 1********** (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/257047-want-change-phone-format-%2A%2A%2A-%2A%2A%2A-%2A%2A%2A%2A-1%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A.html)

Dale

want to change phone format ***-***-**** to 1**********

I am new to excel and I have a database that I am trying to convert to a
contact list. The phone number format is not compatable. I tried the "auto
correct" option in Tools after highlighting my column of numbers as well as
the "find/replace" option under editing. Neither worked. Thanks
Dale

Gary Keramidas[_3_]

want to change phone format ***-***-**** to 1**********

will this work?

="1" & SUBSTITUTE(A1,"-","")

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"Dale" wrote in message
I am new to excel and I have a database that I am trying to convert to a
contact list. The phone number format is not compatable. I tried the "auto
correct" option in Tools after highlighting my column of numbers as well
as
the "find/replace" option under editing. Neither worked. Thanks
Dale

marysully

want to change phone format ***-***-**** to 1**********

I think you can format numbers to telephone numbers by selecting them, click
on Format, Cells, Numbers, under Category select special, and under Type
select Phone Number. Good luck with it!