-   -   How do I remove all records of duplicated fields? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/256985-how-do-i-remove-all-records-duplicated-fields.html)

nozzaworld

How do I remove all records of duplicated fields?

I am using excel 2002. I have a row of data, with some duplicated records. I
want to be able to delete ALL duplicates.

e.g.

bob
bob
scott
john

would delete all record of bob leaving just the following:

scott
john

How can I achieve this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

--
nozzaworld

מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

How do I remove all records of duplicated fields?

The Common and known options is to use Advanced Filter to filter "Uniques
Only".
Micky

"nozzaworld" wrote:

I am using excel 2002. I have a row of data, with some duplicated records. I
want to be able to delete ALL duplicates.

e.g.

bob
bob
scott
john

would delete all record of bob leaving just the following:

scott
john

How can I achieve this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

--
nozzaworld

מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

How do I remove all records of duplicated fields?

Sorry... I didn't noticed you entire rquest.
1) Start your records in Cell A2.
2) In cell A1 type some header.
3) After [to the right of the last field in the first record] type:
=COUNTIF(A$2:A$5,A2)
and copy down until the last record.
4) Use "Automatic Filter" - in the formula column - to filter out only the 1.
5) You will see' now only the requested records.
6) Copy/paste them into a different range and/or sheet.
Micky

"nozzaworld" wrote:

I am using excel 2002. I have a row of data, with some duplicated records. I
want to be able to delete ALL duplicates.

e.g.

bob
bob
scott
john

would delete all record of bob leaving just the following:

scott
john

How can I achieve this? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

--
nozzaworld

JLatham

How do I remove all records of duplicated fields?

Micky,
it seems a double-post, I provided the very same solution to him here, and
am about to tackle the second half of the problem:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/comm...564&sloc=en-us