-   -   Number formats default to dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/256576-number-formats-default-dates.html)

PaulaK

Number formats default to dates

I have a user that every time he opens a workbook, the columns that were
numbers default to dates, he changes the format back to number & saves. Then
when he opens it again its back to dates - where is the setting that is
defaulting the cell format to dates?

Thanks
--
PaulaK

NDC

"PaulaK" wrote:

I have a user that every time he opens a workbook, the columns that were
numbers default to dates, he changes the format back to number & saves. Then
when he opens it again its back to dates - where is the setting that is
defaulting the cell format to dates?

Thanks
--
PaulaK

This is happening to some of my users too. Will be interested in the
solution.