-   -   If I format a currency formula in excel ... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/256512-if-i-format-currency-formula-excel.html)

DAZEJO

If I format a currency formula in excel ...

I have been attemtping to mailmerge in word, bringing through information
from an Excel Spreadsheet.

All the information is correct in the mailmerge - however a cell that
appears correctly as currency (calculated by way of formula) in Excel does
not come through into Word with currency/ decimal points... anything. I have
formatted, reformatted and banged my head against a brick wall to try and
work this out!

I was wondering whether it may be something I have completely missed or a
bug in the system?

Any suggestions are greatly received!

(ps - I am not using XP yet!)

מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

If I format a currency formula in excel ...

To the best of my knowledge you can format the target field in WORD(!)
For example:
In the target document, if you'll Press ALT+[F9], you'll see the field-code.
It will, probably, look like:
{ MERGEFIELD "Field_Name" }.
You may format that field, by adding some characters, within the braces in
order to present the $ Sign.
It should look like:
{ MERGEFIELD "Field_Name" \# $#,###.00 }
Now, all you have to do is to press, again, ALT+[F9] in order to reverse
back to normal field vies.
$#,###.00
Micky

"DAZEJO" wrote:

I have been attemtping to mailmerge in word, bringing through information
from an Excel Spreadsheet.

All the information is correct in the mailmerge - however a cell that
appears correctly as currency (calculated by way of formula) in Excel does
not come through into Word with currency/ decimal points... anything. I have
formatted, reformatted and banged my head against a brick wall to try and
work this out!

I was wondering whether it may be something I have completely missed or a
bug in the system?

Any suggestions are greatly received!

(ps - I am not using XP yet!)

David Biddulph[_2_]

If I format a currency formula in excel ...

An alternative is to use Excel to produce text output in the desired format
by using the TEXT function. This will then carry over unchanged into the
Word mail merge.
--
David Biddulph