-   -   Link text/data in Excel 2007 ? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/256466-link-text-data-excel-2007-a.html)

KenZu

Link text/data in Excel 2007 ?

Need some help with linking in Excel 2007

The yellow text is a drop-down list that's linked to the name Christer
Johansson.
But I also want to link the name to a specific email or regular adress.
When you choose a name in the drop-down list, the emailadress will appear in
a different column and will be changed when you change the name in the list.

I hope you understand my problems.

Attached a link to a print screen.

http://img513.imageshack.us/i/excel2007.jpg/

Roger Govier[_8_]

Link text/data in Excel 2007 ?

Hi Ken

Assuming you have a list of Data on Sheet2 with Name in column A and Email
address in column B
On your sheet with the dropdown, assuming your dropdown is in Shet1 cell A2,
enter in B2
=IF($A2="","",VLOOKUP($A2,Sheet2!$A:$B,2,0))

--
-------
Regards

"KenZu" wrote in message
Need some help with linking in Excel 2007

The yellow text is a drop-down list that's linked to the name Christer
Johansson.
But I also want to link the name to a specific email or regular adress.
When you choose a name in the drop-down list, the emailadress will appear
in
a different column and will be changed when you change the name in the
list.

I hope you understand my problems.

Attached a link to a print screen.

http://img513.imageshack.us/i/excel2007.jpg/

signature database 4873 (20100217) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4873 (20100217) __________

http://www.eset.com

KenZu

Link text/data in Excel 2007 ?

It didnt work. I got all my info in same sheet. if thats the problem. Tried
to change the script from sheet2 - sheet1 but with no success.
I dont know, but my excel version is in Swedish, if that could be the problem.

/ KenZu