-   -   How do I turn off what appears to be a stuck control key? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/256356-how-do-i-turn-off-what-appears-stuck-control-key.html)

kaci

How do I turn off what appears to be a stuck control key?

sometimes when I am entering large amounts of number data, I hit a
combination of keys accidentally that causes what appears top be a control
key stuck down. If I mess with it long enough, trying various combinations of
keys, it will turn off. I have not been able to tell what I did to turn it
off. Please help!
Kaci

Gord Dibben

How do I turn off what appears to be a stuck control key?

You mean Excel is selecting more cells as you move around?

Try hitting F8 key.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP