-   -   Column of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/256164-column-data.html)

PTS

Column of data

I have a column of numbers that have been copied from another spread sheet
and each box has a green triangle in the upper right corner.
The column will not sort properly as some of the boxes do not have the
triangles in the upper right corner.
I can get ride of these by going to the box and double clicking but I have
approximately 4000 to do .

Is there a way to do this with one command ?

Eduardo

Column of data

Hi,
maybe some numbers have blank spaces, try something let's say your numbers
are in column A in another column enter

=Trim(A1)

copy formula down, then copy this column and paste as values, then do the sort

"PTS" wrote:

I have a column of numbers that have been copied from another spread sheet
and each box has a green triangle in the upper right corner.
The column will not sort properly as some of the boxes do not have the
triangles in the upper right corner.
I can get ride of these by going to the box and double clicking but I have
approximately 4000 to do .

Is there a way to do this with one command ?

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Column of data

Try this:-

Click the column header letter (eg A) to highlight the column then, in EXCEL
2007, right hand click / Format Cells / Number tab / select Number on the
left hand side / OK.

Thanks.

"PTS" wrote:

I have a column of numbers that have been copied from another spread sheet
and each box has a green triangle in the upper right corner.
The column will not sort properly as some of the boxes do not have the
triangles in the upper right corner.
I can get ride of these by going to the box and double clicking but I have
approximately 4000 to do .

Is there a way to do this with one command ?

Gord Dibben

Column of data

Your numbers are seen as Text by Excel.

Format all to General or Number.

Copy an empty cell.

Select the range of "numbers" and EditPaste SpecialAddOKEsc

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:11:01 -0800, PTS
wrote:

I have a column of numbers that have been copied from another spread sheet
and each box has a green triangle in the upper right corner.
The column will not sort properly as some of the boxes do not have the
triangles in the upper right corner.
I can get ride of these by going to the box and double clicking but I have
approximately 4000 to do .

Is there a way to do this with one command ?

Gord Dibben

Column of data

Info only............

If Excel sees the numbers as Text, simply re-formatting will do absolutely
nothing.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP