-   -   error msg on opening excel workbook (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/255819-error-msg-opening-excel-workbook.html)

lawandgrace

error msg on opening excel workbook

I get an error msg when opening an Excel workbook that reads like this:

"Cannot find #REF!$B$1, which has been assigned to run each time
[WorkbookName]TabName is opened. Continuing could cause errors. Cancel
opening [WorkbookName]TabName?"

I have looked at macros, right clicked on the tab name and selected view
code, right clicked on the Excel icon to the left of 'File' on the toolbar
and selected view code, and I don't see any macro or code.

Thanks for your help.

mike

Jim Thomlinson

error msg on opening excel workbook

Try looking for invalid external references. The find link utility by Bill
Manville will help you to lcate the issue.

http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"lawandgrace" wrote:

I get an error msg when opening an Excel workbook that reads like this:

"Cannot find #REF!$B$1, which has been assigned to run each time
[WorkbookName]TabName is opened. Continuing could cause errors. Cancel
opening [WorkbookName]TabName?"

I have looked at macros, right clicked on the tab name and selected view
code, right clicked on the Excel icon to the left of 'File' on the toolbar
and selected view code, and I don't see any macro or code.

Thanks for your help.

mike

lawandgrace

error msg on opening excel workbook