-   -   Using Dates with the IF function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/255308-using-dates-if-function.html)

tupperboysx3

Using Dates with the IF function

Is it possible to format a cell using a formula such as the following:

Column L uses an X to signify that a crime report due date has an expiration
of 14 days. The date of the crime is listed in column B. How do you format
Column H to signify if the date entered in Column H has expired (greater than
14 days past the date in Column B)? I would like the cells in Column H to
change color if the date entered is 14 days past the date of the crime in
Column B.

I am using Excel 2003

Fred Smith[_4_]

Using Dates with the IF function

Use conditional formatting (in the Format menu). Something like:
=H1+14B1

Regards,
Fred

"tupperboysx3" wrote in message
Is it possible to format a cell using a formula such as the following:

Column L uses an X to signify that a crime report due date has an
expiration
of 14 days. The date of the crime is listed in column B. How do you
format
Column H to signify if the date entered in Column H has expired (greater
than
14 days past the date in Column B)? I would like the cells in Column H to
change color if the date entered is 14 days past the date of the crime in
Column B.

I am using Excel 2003

Arceedee

Using Dates with the IF function

I don't understand what you are trying to do. Is the X entered manually? Is
the date in col H simply col B + 14 ?

Cond Formatting in XL2007 is much better.

Please give more info. It surely is possible.