-   -   Pound Sign (£) being swithed to (ú) character (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/25516-pound-sign-%C2%A3-being-swithed-%C3%BA-character.html)

stephen

Pound Sign (£) being swithed to (ú) character

We have a web application that outputs data to the screen in an Excel
spreadsheet. Based on the users currency we append either a $ or a £ to the
number. For our users who (don't laugh) just switched to Win2K the £
character is being displayed as a ú. Thre is another option for the data to
be displayed in html tables in the browser and the £ appears and is not
switched. This makes me think that it has something to do with Excel. For
what it is worth, the users claim this started happening after the upgrade to
win2k. Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Also, the £ sign is stored in a sql server and appended. It is not
generated by using the char(163) function. That is going to be my next step,
but will require quite a few modifications.
--
Stephen