-   -   Turn off "CALCULATE" on bottom of Excel worksheet. near "Ready" (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/255121-turn-off-calculate-bottom-excel-worksheet-near-ready.html)

chrispal86

Turn off "CALCULATE" on bottom of Excel worksheet. near "Ready"

My excel spreadsheets are setup to do certain calculations when a number is
entered into a cell. Today, somehow, they no longer automatically perform the
function. After i enter information into a cell I have to go to the cell that
should be automatically updated and "F2" for the calculation to be performed.
I noticed at the bottom of the spreadsheet on the gray space where the word
"ready" is, the word "calculate" now appears also. How do I get my
calculations to happen automatically again?

thanks.

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Turn off "CALCULATE" on bottom of Excel worksheet. near "Ready"

In EXCEL 2007:-

Office Button

Excel Options

Formulas

Calculation options (on right hand side)

Make sure that Automatic is selected.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks.

"chrispal86" wrote:

My excel spreadsheets are setup to do certain calculations when a number is
entered into a cell. Today, somehow, they no longer automatically perform the
function. After i enter information into a cell I have to go to the cell that
should be automatically updated and "F2" for the calculation to be performed.
I noticed at the bottom of the spreadsheet on the gray space where the word
"ready" is, the word "calculate" now appears also. How do I get my
calculations to happen automatically again?

thanks.

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Turn off "CALCULATE" on bottom of Excel worksheet. near "Ready"

Tools / Options in 2003.