-   -   Trim out last seven characters from a string... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/255035-trim-out-last-seven-characters-string.html)

DubboPete

Trim out last seven characters from a string...

Is this easy to do? The last seven characters are constants, I just
want what precedes them...

DubboPete

Gary Keramidas[_3_]

Trim out last seven characters from a string...

give this a try

=MID(A1,1,LEN(A1)-7)

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"DubboPete" wrote in message
Is this easy to do? The last seven characters are constants, I just
want what precedes them...

DubboPete

DubboPete

Trim out last seven characters from a string...

On Feb 2, 3:04*pm, "Gary Keramidas" wrote:
give this a try

=MID(A1,1,LEN(A1)-7)

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"DubboPete" wrote in message

Is this easy to do? * The last seven characters are constants, I just
want what precedes them...

DubboPete- Hide quoted text -

Just the ticket, thanks Gary!

David Biddulph[_2_]

Trim out last seven characters from a string...

Or more simply
=LEFT(A1,LEN(A1)-7)
--
David Biddulph