-   -   set the numbers on the invoice template (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/254842-set-numbers-invoice-template.html)

Mr. B[_2_]

set the numbers on the invoice template

I had to re-install Office on my computer. I use the invoice template that
comes with Excel. The invoice numbering function restarts at 1. I need to
know how to set it to pickup where I left off. Example 4203. I don't want to
press the button that many times. I have been keeping track of them and
manually entering the numbers. I am not good at writing code, so the simplest
answer would be appreciated. Thanks!

Gord Dibben

set the numbers on the invoice template

That is a Registry key created by TMPLTNUM.xla numbering add-in.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Office\11.0\ Excel\Templates\Numbering

Your version number for Excel may differ from 11.0

Rightside pane........Invoice key Right-click and "Modify"

Set it to 4203

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:39:02 -0800, Mr. B
wrote:

I had to re-install Office on my computer. I use the invoice template that
comes with Excel. The invoice numbering function restarts at 1. I need to
know how to set it to pickup where I left off. Example 4203. I don't want to
press the button that many times. I have been keeping track of them and
manually entering the numbers. I am not good at writing code, so the simplest
answer would be appreciated. Thanks!

[email protected]

wrote:

I had to re-install Office on my computer. I use the invoice template that
comes with Excel. The invoice numbering function restarts at 1. I need to
know how to set it to pickup where I left off. Example 4203. I don't want to
press the button that many times. I have been keeping track of them and
manually entering the numbers. I am not good at writing code, so the simplest
answer would be appreciated. Thanks!

I'm having the same problem, but cannot locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\ Excel\Templates\Numbering (doesn't exist in my Windows 7 64 bit registry). I've done a search for the key, but no results.

Any ideas?