-   -   import csv without automatic date conversion (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/25484-import-csv-without-automatic-date-conversion.html)

shinta

import csv without automatic date conversion

When I import a csv file with fields in the format "n/n" where n is any
integer, Excel automatically converts that field into a date, i.e. "Jan-01."
How do I stop Excel from doing the automatic conversion? I want to keep the
data in its original format. I'm using Excel 2000 9.0.3821. Thanks.

Peo Sjoblom

You need to rename the file to txt then use the text import wizard and import
the n/n/ as text in step 3

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom