-   -   Excel 2007 - Formatting text in cell (character by character) (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/254812-excel-2007-formatting-text-cell-character-character.html)

TomC

Excel 2007 - Formatting text in cell (character by character)

In Excel 2003, one could select a cell, highlight a part of the contained
text string and then right-clidk and format text. I could get underlining,
bold, font, color, etc.

For some reason, with Excel 2007, I can do the same, but when I hit the
enter button, the formatting disappears. It reappears if I select the cell
and press F2.

Is there some setting that I have missed?