-   -   Combine two data sources into one pivot table (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/254700-combine-two-data-sources-into-one-pivot-table.html)

Shig

Combine two data sources into one pivot table

I have one worksheet that has budget figures and one that has actuals.
Is there a way for me to combine these into a single pivot table.
"budget" and "actuals" should be different fields of course.

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

Combine two data sources into one pivot table

This sounds pefectly possible to me but you need to provide more details.

Is the data all in one Workbook or more?

"Shig" wrote:

I have one worksheet that has budget figures and one that has actuals.
Is there a way for me to combine these into a single pivot table.
"budget" and "actuals" should be different fields of course.
.

Eduardo

Combine two data sources into one pivot table

Hi,
summarize in one sheet your information one column called Budget and the
other Actuals, then run the pivot table

"Shig" wrote:

I have one worksheet that has budget figures and one that has actuals.
Is there a way for me to combine these into a single pivot table.
"budget" and "actuals" should be different fields of course.
.

Shane Devenshire[_2_]

Combine two data sources into one pivot table

Depends on the version of Excel - I per chance you are using 2010, yes I said
that, you can use PowerPivot to do it.

In 2007 and earlier you can use Microsoft Query and write a union query, but
you really need to know what you are doing.

The easiest way is to do as previously suggested - combine the data into a
singe range and pivot that.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Shig" wrote:

I have one worksheet that has budget figures and one that has actuals.
Is there a way for me to combine these into a single pivot table.
"budget" and "actuals" should be different fields of course.
.

Shig

Combine two data sources into one pivot table

I'm using Excel 2007, and the data is in one workbook but two
different worksheets. Other than using a Microsoft Query, it sounds
like the only way to do it is to combine the data into a single sheet
as suggested. Thanks.