-   -   In excel can you randomly select lines from another tab to post? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/254582-excel-can-you-randomly-select-lines-another-tab-post.html)

qwibble

In excel can you randomly select lines from another tab to post?

I am looking for a way to randomly select lines from a list of items for
work. Is there a way to perform this function in excel?

Luke M

In excel can you randomly select lines from another tab to post?

Lets say you have a list of 15 items.
=INDEX(A1:A15,RANDBETWEEN(1,15))

Pressing F9 will generate a new random value from your list. Note that
RANDBETWEEN requires the Analysis ToolPak add-in.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M