-   -   fill (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/25458-fill.html)

KI

fill

what i want to do is to fill cells automatically everytime there is a change
in the name. can anyone help?
for example, cell A1 may say Apple then A1230 may say Orange and then A13560
may say Lemon. I want to be able to fill the blanks cells between Apple and
Orange with Apple, cells between Orange and Lemon with Orange

Hi
Select the column / range. Then Edit / Go to / Special / Blanks. This will
select all of the blank cells in the range. Type = and hit the up arrow and
then type Ctrl Enter. To fix these values use Copy then Paste Special /
Values on the range.
Hope this helps.

--
Andy.

"KI" wrote in message
what i want to do is to fill cells automatically everytime there is a
change
in the name. can anyone help?
for example, cell A1 may say Apple then A1230 may say Orange and then
A13560
may say Lemon. I want to be able to fill the blanks cells between Apple
and
Orange with Apple, cells between Orange and Lemon with Orange

KI

thank you very much.
you are a genius.

"KI" wrote in message
what i want to do is to fill cells automatically everytime there is a
change
in the name. can anyone help?
for example, cell A1 may say Apple then A1230 may say Orange and then
A13560
may say Lemon. I want to be able to fill the blanks cells between Apple
and
Orange with Apple, cells between Orange and Lemon with Orange

Pleased to help and thanks for the feedback!

--
Andy.

"KI" wrote in message
thank you very much.