-   -   Excel 2007 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/254309-excel-2007-a.html)

Balee

Excel 2007

When I open up a new Excel workbook and try to paste cells from another
workbook it is pasting the cells as a ( bmp ) It actually pastes the cells
as a picture and the picture tool opens. I can paste cells fine within the
same workbook but once I open another workbook and try to paste into it this
happens. Help!!

Ms-Exl-Learner

Excel 2007

Save and close both the workbooks and open it one after another and try...

--------------------
(Ms-Exl-Learner)
--------------------

"Balee" wrote:

When I open up a new Excel workbook and try to paste cells from another
workbook it is pasting the cells as a ( bmp ) It actually pastes the cells
as a picture and the picture tool opens. I can paste cells fine within the
same workbook but once I open another workbook and try to paste into it this
happens. Help!!

Gord Dibben

Excel 2007

You have two instances of Excel running.

Close one down and open both workbooks in a single instance using FileOpen.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP