-   -   formula to count formatted result value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/254181-formula-count-formatted-result-value.html)

WD

formula to count formatted result value

In column A enter the date and in B a formula copies A1 reformated as day
(dddd).
How can I count the results of colums "B" (number of times each day appears)?
Col A Col B
1/1/10 9:13 PM Friday
1/3/10 3:25 PM Sunday

David Biddulph[_2_]

formula to count formatted result value

=SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(B$1:B$100)=ROW(A1)),--(B$1:B$100<"")) and copy down
through rows 1 to 7, will show the count for each day from Sunday to
Saturday.
--
David Biddulph

"WD" wrote in message
In column A enter the date and in B a formula copies A1 reformated as day
(dddd).
How can I count the results of colums "B" (number of times each day
appears)?
Col A Col B
1/1/10 9:13 PM Friday
1/3/10 3:25 PM Sunday

FSt1

formula to count formatted result value

hi
if B1 is friday and you wish to count friday, you can do 1 of 2 things.....

=countif(B1:B200,"Friday")

or if B1 is Friday then
=countif(B1:B200,B1)

some experts seem to think verison 2 is more reliable and it may be but it
requires more advanced knowlege of what B1 will be.

regards
FSt1

"WD" wrote:

In column A enter the date and in B a formula copies A1 reformated as day
(dddd).
How can I count the results of colums "B" (number of times each day appears)?
Col A Col B
1/1/10 9:13 PM Friday
1/3/10 3:25 PM Sunday

David Biddulph[_2_]

formula to count formatted result value

My reading of the question was that column B didn't contain text values such
as "Friday", but contained real dates formatted as dddd.
--
David Biddulph