-   -   Is there a formula which could change -£1.50 to £1.50 in Excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/254090-there-formula-could-change-%C2%A31-50-%C2%A31-50-excel.html)

MichaelOfficer

Is there a formula which could change -£1.50 to £1.50 in Excel?

It's a pain,but my accounting software reports my cheque values as minus.

To be useful in the spreadsheet they should be positive numbers, - but there
are hundreds!

could you please help me?

Pete_UK

Is there a formula which could change -£1.50 to £1.50 in Excel?

I answered a very similar enquiry just a few days ago - you can see it
he

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...044c69c131a456

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Jan 22, 9:30*am, MichaelOfficer
wrote:
It's a pain,but my accounting software reports my cheque values as minus.

To be useful in the spreadsheet they should be positive numbers, - but there
are hundreds!

could you please help me?

Yanick

Is there a formula which could change -£1.50 to £1.50 in Excel?

On Jan 22, 4:30*am, MichaelOfficer
wrote:
It's a pain,but my accounting software reports my cheque values as minus.

To be useful in the spreadsheet they should be positive numbers, - but there
are hundreds!

could you please help me?

Assuming your value is in A1 : =ABS(A1)