-   -   recover data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/253738-recover-data.html)

S n P

recover data

I have Office 2007. Is there an autosave option on this version. I just lost
an incredible amount of data and have to rekey. :-(

Gary Keramidas

recover data

you can look for the location he

click the orb, then the excel options button.
click save in the left margin to see the autorecover location

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"S n P" <S n wrote in message
I have Office 2007. Is there an autosave option on this version. I just lost
an incredible amount of data and have to rekey. :-(

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

recover data

Yes there is.

In EXCEL 2007:-

Office Button (top left hand corner)

Excel Options (lower right hand corner)

Save option on the left hand side - check out the options in here.

Thanks.

"S n P" wrote:

I have Office 2007. Is there an autosave option on this version. I just lost
an incredible amount of data and have to rekey. :-(

מיכאל (מיקי) אבידן

recover data

Could you be more precise regarding: "I just lost an incredible amount of
data".
How/Why in what condition ?
Micky

"S n P" wrote:

I have Office 2007. Is there an autosave option on this version. I just lost
an incredible amount of data and have to rekey. :-(

Gord Dibben

recover data

There has been no Autosave in Excel since version 2000.

There is Autorecovery feature which saves a temporary backup copy of the
workbook at intervals while you are working on it.

If Excel crashes, the temporary file will be presented to you upon re-start
asking if you want to recover it.

If Excel does not crash and you close the workbook without incident, the
temporary file is deleted.

If you had "always create a backup" enabled you will have a backup of the
prior saved version available.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP