-   -   Alternatives to MS Query for Pivot Tables & Cubes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/253395-alternatives-ms-query-pivot-tables-cubes.html)

Domenick

Alternatives to MS Query for Pivot Tables & Cubes

I am using Excel 2003. I would like to know if there is an add-in or other
(preferably free) tool out there that I could use to create OLAP cubes for
Excel pivot tables that would have better functionality than MS Query. I find
MS Query very difficult to use and almost impossible for creating calculated
fields that can then be built into a cube. (Note: I thought I could just make
calculated fields in the pivot table itself, but now I see that Excel will
not let you do that when using an OLAP cube as a source.)