-   -   How do I search for a word within a excel document (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/253380-how-do-i-search-word-within-excel-document.html)

jenny

How do I search for a word within a excel document

Could someone please take a few minutes and tell me if I can search for a
word or words within an excel document

Huber57

How do I search for a word within a excel document

Jenny,

The Excel help files have thorough explanation of how to find, find and
replace, etc.

HTH

"Jenny" wrote:

Could someone please take a few minutes and tell me if I can search for a
word or words within an excel document

trip_to_tokyo[_3_]

How do I search for a word within a excel document

In EXCEL 2007 try the following:-

Hit Ctrl-F to launch the Find and Replace window.

In this pop up window type in what you are looking for (for example the word
smith) in the Find what: box.

Hit Find Next and it will find the word that you are looking for and so on.

Please hit Yes if my comments have helped.

Thanks!