-   -   programming to select rows based on condition (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/253257-programming-select-rows-based-condition.html)

Farhad

programming to select rows based on condition

Hi all,

I am a beginner in programing i want to select rows in a worksheet where the
date field (column F) would be for example "1/4/2010" can every body help me
on this?

Thanks,

--
Farhad Hodjat

Luke M

programming to select rows based on condition

Depending on what you are going to do after selecting rows, this might work:
Record a macro of you doing a AutoFilter on column F for your selected data.
Select all rows, then press Alt+; (select visible cells only).
Stop recording.

This should give you the loose structure of what you want. Modify the macro
as needed.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Farhad" wrote:

Hi all,

I am a beginner in programing i want to select rows in a worksheet where the
date field (column F) would be for example "1/4/2010" can every body help me
on this?

Thanks,

--
Farhad Hodjat

Farhad

programming to select rows based on condition

Thanks for your respond Like but it doesn't work
--
Farhad Hodjat

"Farhad" wrote:

Hi all,

I am a beginner in programing i want to select rows in a worksheet where the
date field (column F) would be for example "1/4/2010" can every body help me
on this?

Thanks,

--
Farhad Hodjat

Luke M

programming to select rows based on condition

Perhaps if you posted what coding you have so far we could be of more
assistance.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Farhad" wrote:

Hi all,

I am a beginner in programing i want to select rows in a worksheet where the
date field (column F) would be for example "1/4/2010" can every body help me
on this?

Thanks,

--
Farhad Hodjat

Farhad

programming to select rows based on condition

Hi Luke,

let me explain what i have and what i want to do: i have a big file which
contains all my data for month like below:

A B C D E F
1 ID# PO# REF# P/N Disc Repaire Date ...
2 5645 d654d 65454 hdhd55 awkw 1/1/2010 ...
3 0980 wh32 54252 sk55ss skjss 1/1/2010 ...
4 0980 wh32 54252 sk55ss skjss 1/2/2010 ...
5 0980 wh32 54252 sk55ss skjss 1/2/2010 ...
6 0980 wh32 54252 sk55ss skjss 1/3/2010 ...
7 0980 wh32 54252 sk55ss skjss 1/3/2010 ...
..
..
..

i have daily worksheets named jan 1, jan 2, jan 3, ...
with the same fields.
what i want to do is:
write a code to open the big file and select all rows where their repaire
date are 1/1/2010 and copy them then open daily worksheet "jan 1" and paste
there then active big file and select all rows where their repaire date are
1/2/2010 and copy them then open daily worksheet "jan 2" and paste there and
so on...
i hope that i could explain good anyways thanks for your help
--
Farhad Hodjat