Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Unhide Column

Yes, to unhide a column would seem to be a basic task. However, my wife sent
me a file from work that has column C hidden. I used the "right-click,
unhide" method, but it didn't work. The file is not read-only. Is there
another way to unhide a column, or am I just missing something? As usual,
thank you everyone for your help.

Wollam
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

2 ways

click format/columns/unhide

click the B column header, drag so that B & D are selected. right click on one
and choose unhide

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"WOLLAM" wrote in message
Yes, to unhide a column would seem to be a basic task. However, my wife sent
me a file from work that has column C hidden. I used the "right-click,
unhide" method, but it didn't work. The file is not read-only. Is there
another way to unhide a column, or am I just missing something? As usual,
thank you everyone for your help.

Wollam

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Gary,
Thanks for the input, but I had already tried your second method and was
unsuccessful. Unfortunately your first didn't either.

"WOLLAM" wrote in message
Yes, to unhide a column would seem to be a basic task. However, my wife sent
me a file from work that has column C hidden. I used the "right-click,
unhide" method, but it didn't work. The file is not read-only. Is there
another way to unhide a column, or am I just missing something? As usual,
thank you everyone for your help.

Wollam

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

To my opinion col. C is not hidden - it must have been narrowed down to 1
Pixel, or so.
Try to grab the column border until you see the yellow tool-tip as in the
picture - and drag it in order to bring col. C back to its normal width.
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7080/nonamex.png
Micky

"WOLLAM" wrote in message
Yes, to unhide a column would seem to be a basic task. However, my wife sent
me a file from work that has column C hidden. I used the "right-click,
unhide" method, but it didn't work. The file is not read-only. Is there
another way to unhide a column, or am I just missing something? As usual,
thank you everyone for your help.

Wollam

.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

did you check for a frozen pane? window/unfreeze pane

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003